Display and Ethernet with rMBP

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jmwagner95, Jul 27, 2015.

1. jmwagner95 macrumors newbie

I have a new rMBP, and am looking for a display. If I could find an ATD at the right price, I would definitely purchase it simply due to the ease of being able to use it as a dock option for the rMBP. However, I am also looking at the Dell P2715Q.

Things I am interested in:

- reasonable display quality. 2560 by 1440 is workable.
    - An ethernet port, in some form.
    - Charging capabilities (whether via the ATD built-in, or purchasing a refurb charger)
    - Form. Thunderbolt Display is durable and looks very sleek. I am looking for a similar silhouette.

As noted, resolution is not a huge concern of mine (4k is not a necessity, and thunderbolt display would be fine for my needs). I am a student and need an ethernet port, as my school's wifi is not reliable enough. The ethernet port on the ATD is appealing, but I am curious as to the effectiveness of the usb-ethernet adapter apple sells. Are there any other displays that offer an ethernet port solution?

Either route, I will need another charger. Options there are obviously the ATD built-in, or buying another one. I am budgeting $70~ for that consideration, in addition to the cost of a non-ATD display in that case.

Any ideas?

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan