Display and speed on iPad vs. iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DPM410, Jan 14, 2012.

1. DPM410 macrumors member

Are the two devices that much different? i know the ipad 2 is supposed to be faster than the ipad 1, but is it really a significant difference? and is the ipad 1 up to par with the display and speed of current android tablets?

2. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Seriously?

The iPad2 is faster, lighter, and has more built in hardware features than the iPad. It will also likely include the ability to take advantage of future iOS features longer than the iPad 1 will.

Whether the price difference of an ipad2 vs. an iPad1 is worth it to you can only be determined by...wait for it...you! Try them both and decide for yourself.

I won't grace the Android tablet part of your question because every android tablet I've ever pick up made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. (disclosure: I've not tried the latest and greatest, nor have I used ICS).

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

In the mean time your iPad 1 will NOT become obsolete.

You need to relax and enjoy your iPad.:cool:

4. applephanatic macrumors member

I had an iPad and once the iPad 2 came out, I sold the first gen to my dad. The iPad was a great device, felt great in the hands was pretty fast. The iPad 2 is twice as fast the OG iPad but that is to be expected with double the ram and processor speed. However by no means is the iPad 1 slow. The only differences I noticed was on the iPad 1 there was occasional lag while playing intense games. Also, generally speaking Apps launch a little faster on the iPad 2.

The plus side of the iPad 1 is as of now it is the only iPad that can be jailbroken on iOS 5 :)

5. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

The iPad 1 is still better than most of the Android tablets I've seen. The exception might be the expensive ones like the xoom, but most have a jerky interface and the iPad is silky smooth :D

6. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

If you are going to us iOS 5, i'd say get the iPad 2, or wait until the iPad 3 comes out. I have an iPad 1 and it runs horribly on iOS 5. I have used iPad 1 side by side with iPad 2, both on iOS 5, and the iPad 2 blows the iPad 1 out of the water. With the iPad 1 on iOS 4, it is comparable to iPad 2, minus gaming.