Display calibration software for colorimeters

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mintakax, Dec 2, 2014.

1. mintakax macrumors regular

Are there any OS X third party display calibration applications that will use a hardware device like an I1 Pro ?

I know there are some for Windows, but I'm having difficulties finding an OS X app

2. mintakax thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I've used the top one in the past, it doesn't appear that the Mac version supports the I1 pro.

Strange that there aren't third party apps like Calman and Chromapure that run on Macs.

3. priitv8 macrumors 68030

The second one seems to do:
    http://dispcalgui.hoech.net/#instruments

PS that one was also able to measure the color uniformity of my retina screen.
    What's so special in them, compared to X-Rite's bundled software?

4. mintakax, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014

mintakax thread starter macrumors regular

I bought my I1 pro with Chromapure, so basically it is locked out from using x-rites i1 profiler

Edit: it will work with any software that will accept a "generic oem" i1 pro, but I can't find any for the Mac ( except perhaps the one you mentioned which I will try )
    It does work with on my NEC monitors with Spectravision, but only on NEC monitors

5. mintakax thread starter macrumors regular

Displaycalgui does indeed work with my I1pro, but I am having real difficulties with it. One of my monitors is a NEC with Spectravision software, basically plug in I1pro, set your target and the display calibrates itself, works great. I want to calibrate my second display to match the NEC, but when I profile the NEC using displaycalgui, it says my NEC is far from the intended 6500k, 2.2 gamma, srgb target.
    I have the two monitors adjusted very closely now, but I did by eyeball.

6. priitv8 macrumors 68030

Then the only suggestion I can make - investigate the possibility to change USB Device and Vendor ID-s in X-Rite driver to match your colorimeter's ID-s. The tricky part here - signed code. But worth a try.

Attached Files:

7. mintakax thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Priitv8-- I'll give that a try sometime !
    Dan