Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Hi

Thinking of moving away from Apple displays as I am not at all happy with them.

I have an iMac that developed large black blotches in all four corners which I had replaced, I now have an
Apple 24inch LED Cinema display a few months old developing the same issue already.

So can anybody recommend a good 24ich display with built in camera/mic - speakers, or good separates ?

Thanks

PS: Seems Apple can make dam fine machines but fall down on their displays :(

Dr.Pants

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
Well, personally I would go through AppleCare, if you still have it, and replace the screen. If its developing an "issue", then its most likely a monitor defect.

ssri1983

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2009
What Dr.Pants said.
I have used a Dell G2410 monitor and it seems good. LED backlight. The Dell2407 WFP-HC is quite good. Of course, if you want high end, the NEC 2490WUXI is really good :)

I don't know about speakers, but for a camera, logitech quickcam pro 9000 is very good. somewhat expensive, but worth it.

Washac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
What Dr.Pants said.
I have used a Dell G2410 monitor and it seems good. LED backlight. The Dell2407 WFP-HC is quite good. Of course, if you want high end, the NEC 2490WUXI is really good :)

I don't know about speakers, but for a camera, logitech quickcam pro 9000 is very good. somewhat expensive, but worth it.

Thanks, yes it will be going back, but was wondering about alternatives :)

Dr.Pants

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
Its best to go outside of an AIO for a setup, but it all depends on what you do with your Mac and how much money you have to spend.

Otherwise, there could be a billion different combinations.

forester54

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2009
Washington
dont know specifically displays but surprisingly the hanns-G that my parents have is pretty good, picture is clear, 22" for cheap too. I think under 200

speakers I might be going overboard but I have a Denon receiver (avr-3803) that does fiber optics
speakers
Boston Acoustics VR50's (front), BA CR6's (rear), BA CRC (center), BA subwoofer.

It sounds pretty damn good but I have it hooked up as my home theater system since my 40" is my monitor for my MP

A small home theater system would work very well for a sound system.

If im going to be spending a ton of money on the MP im not going to skim on the other things with it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.