Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
I went to enable a Night Shift schedule on my iMac and noticed 3 Display profiles under my Color settings...

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 8.19.16 PM.png

Is this normal? Or can I delete the other two "iMac" profiles above that aren't selected.

Thanks!

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
You can delete them. The OS seems to create one whenever a new LCD panel is detected, so this will happen if you've migrated the install between different iMacs or had the panel replaced on a single iMac. Mine has multiple "iMac" profiles as well.

Reactions: ghsDUDE

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
You can delete them. The OS seems to create one whenever a new LCD panel is detected, so this will happen if you've migrated the install between different iMacs or had the panel replaced on a single iMac. Mine has multiple "iMac" profiles as well.
Thanks! I see they're all the same and it just created a new one tonight (after updating to the newest Sierra).

Last question - I have my iTunes on an External HD but for some reason it's showing on my Main HD. All of my space is mostly available (1.95 TB), but iTunes is showing for some reason?

Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 8.59.06 PM.png

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
Thanks! I see they're all the same and it just created a new one tonight (after updating to the newest Sierra).

Last question - I have my iTunes on an External HD but for some reason it's showing on my Main HD. All of my space is mostly available (1.95 TB), but iTunes is showing for some reason?

View attachment 694940
Interesting, looks like a bug in how it calculates storage usage. May want to report that to Apple. I don't have iTunes set up to use an external drive so unfortunately I can't check it for myself.

estabya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2014

View attachment 694940

Mine does this too. I have my iTunes library on one of those "keep-in" SD cards on my MacBook Pro, and it shows up as space used on my main drive in "About This Mac." Haven't figured out a way to fix it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.