Display Damage

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by theappleguy, Mar 22, 2009.

  1. theappleguy macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2005
    #1
    Hi everyone,

    My MacBook Air display is playing up. Basically the left 25% is working absolutely fine, but the other 75% looks like it is damaged. I've attached photos so you can see what I mean, but basically everything is off colour and lower quality than normal.

    I think it may be a connection issue as when it first occurred, if I poked and prodded at the hinge, I could get it working properly. However, it is now permanently stuck like this.

    Any ideas on what might have happened, or more importantly how much it will cost to get it fixed.

    Thanks.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. McGilli macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2008
    #2
    Well - if you were able to poke and prod it for a while to fix it - sounds like a simple connection issue - which - really should not cost more than $35 at any authorized repair store. they should only charge you a max of 1/2 hour of labour to reset the cable.

    hopefully.
     
  3. theappleguy thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2005
  4. wetrix macrumors 6502

    wetrix

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2006
    Location:
    Auckland, New Zealand
    #4
    Yeah, it looks like a connection issue as the pixels are obviously all still active and controlled.
     

Share This Page