Display differences 6S+ vs 6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sanlitun, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Sanlitun macrumors 6502

Sanlitun

Well I have had the 6S+ for a couple of hours now and I am somewhat disappointed with the display. It seems that the glass is thicker on the new phone and it does not have the same pop to the display. The old phone has that great look where the icons seem nearly glazed on, and the new one does not. If you look at the edge of the display at about 45 degrees you can see that the glass on the new phone is slightly thicker.

The 6S+ I received has some backlight and vignetting issues in the lower corners as well, almost like the glass is slightly distorting in the corners. The new display seems to have less contrast and a slightly greyer white on my unit.

Anyways, if you are obsessive about your display you may not be happy with the transition.

2. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

3. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I think this is going to be a big YMMV type situation

screen lottery, different manufacturers, and different exposure to different panels (conditioning) for the past X # of months.

In my case, 6s+ next to 6+ has a bit more pop, and in terms of white screen, the regular plus has the slightest bit of a red tinge comparatively but on its own not something I ever raised issue with/ was sensitive to.

4. shadesofearl macrumors newbie

shadesofearl

# Displaygate :)