Display dimming when phone locked?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by armandxp, Apr 6, 2013.

1. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

I've noticed on my iPhone since 6.1.3 that when I have my screen locked, and I hit the home button that every other time that my screen comes on, it's moderately dimmed? When it does this, I just hit the top button and try again, and it's back to normal brightness. I've been seeing this for since the update. Well, I updated my iPad mini yesterday, and the exact same thing started happening. I've tried turning off the auto function on the screen brightness, and nothing has helped. Anyone else noticing this?

2. dodder92 macrumors member

I've had this happen too, exactly the way you describe it. I assume it's just like a glitch or bug in the software.

3. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Yes, this has happened for a very long time on my 4S. I've had three different 4S phones since release and they have all done this.

4. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Mine starts off dim when I hit the home button but usually comes to correct brightness within a few seconds. Assuming Auto brightness is turned on.

5. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

I get my iPhone 5 randoming dimming itself down to the absolute minimum every couple of weeks or so, no idea why it does it, I can barely read the screen, it's actually more like the backlight has totally switched off. If I make it into Settings and go to the brightness it shows it as being at mid-brightness, as soon as I adjust the slider even a little bit the screen brightness comes back to normal. Weird software bug or faulty phone? No idea. Oh well.