Display distortions on screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by pina, Mar 2, 2017.

1. pina macrumors member

My Macbook suddenly gives distortions on my screen, first I see a colored vertical in the exact middle of my screen. Then the whole display distorts. I made a screenshot of my display, and on the screenshot I don't see any distortions, so it's a hardware issue.

Does someone know whether this is a known problem from the macbook? I only bought it a few months ago :(

Attached Files:

2. Jnesbitt82 macrumors 6502

Jnesbitt82

Not an issues I've heard of. Sounds like you need to get a replacement while it's still under warranty.

3. andy9l macrumors 68000

Take it to Apple, get it fixed/replaced under warranty.

4. tbirdparis macrumors 6502

I had something similar to this about a month ago on my MB (2015 model). It was a vertical band of distorted light but quite a bit wider. It seemed to happen just at the moment that I put the computer down on a table. I didn't plonk it down particularly hard but I got worried that somehow I must have either damaged the screen or somewhat dislodged the cable connecting to the display from the motherboard. Was very sure I was going to have to take it in for repairs, but actually after a day or so (including turning the MB off and leaving it off for a while), it totally went away. Really have no idea what could have been the cause, it seems strange that if it were a physical thing it could just fix itself but there you go. Might be the same thing in your case, but in my case it was frightening at first, then a surprising relief.. : )