Display flicker on Macbook Air

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by patricktvg, Nov 24, 2009.

1. patricktvg macrumors newbie

In the last week the display on my Macbook Air has begun to flicker in a 1 1/2" vertical band just to the left of center. the rest of the display is solid, but this band flickers and has close horizontal lines sometimes lightly visible from top to bottom. The flicker seems to get worse when the graphics are more intense on the screen being viewed.

When viewing text on the whole page only some lines are affected and when I scroll those lines keep being affected while others scroll and remain clear. That is to say that the problem remains within the vertical band but when scrolling the affected lines stay bad and the clear lines stay good.

The computer is about 2 years old and has been dropped several times, including once lately. I did not notice the display problem immediately after the most recent drop (from seat height in the car onto carpet below), but did have this problem within the next couple of days.

I am not near a mac store so I appreciate any help.

Hardware/Software
    Macbook Air
    1.8ghz Intel core 2 duo
    2gb 667 mhz ddr2 sdram
    Version 10.6.2

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

You have a problem with either your display, display cable, or logic board. Take it in to the shop.