Display flickering on MBP? Replacements.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Signal-11, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

Try setting this image as your background.

Do you guys notice any flickering? Have noticed bad flickering on two displays now and am wondering if its just me.

Also, how many times can you go back to get your MBP replaced? I just replaced my MBP (bought early March) and the replacement has a number of issues, too. This sucks, because I live/work in Africa and I can't get back to the US/EU very often....

Attached Files:

• bgd.gif
      bgd.gif
      File size:
      149 bytes
      Views:
  2. jmmm macrumors newbie

No flickering for me!

MBP 4,1 2,4 Ghz, 4 gb ram

3. Signal-11 thread starter macrumors 65816

Signal-11

Bump.

Really, can anyone else try this. Really want to confirm if this is two bad MBPs I got in a row or if I'm imagining things.

4. n8c macrumors regular

I get flickering. Is that real, or is it just an optical illusion? I mean, when in real life are you ever going to be staring at a pattern like that on your MBP? That's like saying feeding mice 2 kg of saccharine a day gives them cancer.

5. Signal-11 thread starter macrumors 65816

Signal-11

Honestly, that's what I'm wondering as well, but the issue is that I've getting that weird sense of something not being quite right not just on a few background images (this background image being of a web site I frequent.)

What makes me believe that this is NOT an optical illusion is that I never noticed it before on other computers and still don't notice it on my old Powerbook. I not, try it out on a different computer.

Point being is that being in Africa right now, I can't just take this into an Apple store and test it out, which is why I'm asking the people on the forums for an assist.

6. adamsen87 macrumors member

On an internal or external display?

I can see a type of flickering on my external display connected to a Core Duo MBP with this type of picture and also for example in the frame of the Quick Look window