Display flickers on mac book

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by seattlelite, Jun 23, 2007.

1. seattlelite macrumors newbie

I bought a black mac book in December 2006, in May the Display started to flicker (slightly dimming/brightening at high frequency) after periods of extended use (~30 minutes).
    still under waranty, I brought it to the local genius bar, and they "replaced the inverter board (?)" which resolved the issue until a few days ago.

Is this a common issue? Or did I just get a lemmon?
    If others had similar experiences, I would love to hear about it, and the resolution.
    I am not looking forward to repeated trips to the apple store, and times without my mac, for temporary fixes, and would insist on a complete replacement a bit stronger if I understood a bit better what the issue is, and whether it has a high chance of recurrance in afflicted models.

Thanks

2. darwen macrumors 6502a

darwen

I have never heard of this but because they knew what the issue was, it sounds like it is a standard problem. I would make another appt and ask them to make sure that they had the issue solved the firs time. It may have just been by chance that the problem went away. I would try to find out EXACTLY what is causing the problem, not what part is.