Display Glitch Already

Discussion in 'iPad' started by fteter, Apr 4, 2010.

1. fteter macrumors member

Don't mean to be a troll here, but not all is wine and roses with my own iPad experience.

I was loving my new iPad until, about 5 hours after delivery, a display glitch raised it's ugly head. I now have a thin blue line running vertically across the lower 5th of my display.

I've restored to factory defaults...glitch still persists. Searching for troubleshooting notes now that may be helpful, but it's looking like a Monday trip to the Genius Bar.

So now I'm a little worried about hardware reliability...

2. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

One isolated incident of a problem with a screen does not mean a generalized hardware prboblem. It's natural that since apple is shipping hundreds of thousands of these things that a couple will have problems. That's true for every poduct ever made, especially tech products.

I'd just take it back to the apple store and get a replacement, I'm sure your replacement iPad will work fine.

3. fteter thread starter macrumors member

If my incident is isolated, I agree with you. Already made my Genius Bar appoinment. My concern was more about the incident repeating in a sizable sample. So far, that does not seem to be the case...no buzz on the web. I'm confident my replacement will be fine.

4. fteter thread starter macrumors member

UPDATE: Apple replaced my iPad on the spot. New one is rocking along with no issues. I've seen no mentions of the glitch I experienced anywhere on the 'tubes. Looks like my issue was an isolated glitch...majorly relieved :eek:

5. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

Glad they replaced it for you. Enjoy your new ipad