Display height alignment

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by DrLemur, Jul 15, 2014.

1. DrLemur macrumors member

I have a thunderbolt display connected/extended with an old HP monitor here and they work together very well, the only issue is as you pass your mouse from one screen to the other the alignment because of the physical height positioning of the monitors is way off. I was wondering if anyone knew how to adjust this height alignment? Maybe an app that will do this for me will also suffice. I need to be able to do this in both OSX Maveriks and Windows 8 Pro but any information on either would be extremely helpful. Thanks.

2. bindle macrumors regular

In OSX, in the Display settings under the Arrangement tab you can drag the picture of the second monitor up and down in relation to the primary monitor to get the height correct. Not sure how you do this in Windows.

3. DrLemur, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014

DrLemur thread starter macrumors member

Thanks that's a great help. Just checked and it's exactly the same process in windows. Deceptively simple I don't know why I never tried it :)

4. dyn macrumors 68030

You can also do it physically with a monitor arm from a company like Ergotron (some Dell displays offer this among the available accessories). Or old books, etc. :D