Display input?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RAWphenom, Jul 17, 2012.

1. RAWphenom, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012

RAWphenom macrumors member

Ladies and gents, I'm seriously considering purchasing a non-retina MBP. This would be my first Mac purchase. I figure that I'm heading to a new academic phase in life, why not get a new toy to bring with me?

So what I've thought of getting is the base MBP with no upgrades, other than display perhaps. For all you wonderful experts, if I'm to upgrade to the high-res screen, which is a good probability, do I go with glossy or antiglare? Or do I just not even go with high-res?

Your input will be greatly valued.

Oh, forgot this: I'll be purchasing at least 8GB of RAM and an SSD, 256GB probably. This will occur soon after the initial purchase. I'll then be moving my HDD into the optibay and getting an external enclosure for the superdrive. Another question: do I stick with the 500GB 5400rpm base HD and maybe buy another HD on down the line if I'm ever at risk of running out of room or should I upgrade via Apple to the 750GB 7200rpm HD?

2. Dwhite78 macrumors regular

MacBook Pro 15-inch Hi-Res Antiglare Widescreen Display

3. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Antiglare. I was quite impressed with the one I saw in person. If I didn't have an rMBP on order, I'd definitely order that. And if I end up returning my rMBP for whatever reason, then AG cMBP it is.

4. RAWphenom thread starter macrumors member

Whoa, quick input. I'm glad to see you're both of the same mindset.

5. RAWphenom thread starter macrumors member