Display iPad or Mac on screen

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by tate16t, Jan 1, 2015.

1. tate16t macrumors newbie

Can I display anything from my iPad or Mac on screen via ATV3? It seems I can only do so when video is invoked. Suppose I want browse the web and display my browser on screen, is this possible?

Thx

2. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Sure, my Mac can utilize my ATV as a monitor, just have to click the AirPlay icon in the menu bar and select to connect to the display. Not sure about the iPad, maybe a newer one than I have (work-issued iPad2) would work with AirPlay to send the entire screen to the TV.

3. tate16t thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I fixed displaying from my Mac. It was my firewall blocking it.

4. tate16t thread starter macrumors newbie

I fixed my iPad mirroring issue as well. Via a Google search I found a reference to the menu when you swipe up on the bottom portion of the iPad. AirPlay appears and my ATV3 shows and is selectable which I've been doing however after selecting it via the same menu you can scroll up and enable mirroring which I did not do previously ;)

5. iMas70 macrumors 6502a

Sounds like that might be the same problem that I'm having. I've been trying to mirror my iPad Air 2 to my Apple TV. When I click on AirPlay I see iPad and Apple TV. Nothing happens when I select that. On my phone I see those options along with a toggle for Mirroring underneath. I select Apple TV then toggle Mirroring. I've Mirrored with my iPad 4 awhile ago (different iOS). It's a simple process. What am I missing?

Thanks!

6. tate16t thread starter macrumors newbie

On your iPad Air 2 once you select Airplay scroll upward to reveal the mirroring option. It's hidden below the Airplay option.

7. iMas70 macrumors 6502a

This is all that I see.

Attached Files:

8. tate16t thread starter macrumors newbie

Can you scroll up on that window where it says AirPlay?

9. iMas70 macrumors 6502a

Yup, now I got it. That option was out of sight. Thank you!