Display iPhone 4 still has old bb

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by awadeee, Apr 26, 2011.

1. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

This isn't necessarily worth making a thread about but I wasn't sure of where else to put it and thought it was kinda neat.

Was in a Futureshop the other day and I was playing with a display iPhone 4 because I was bored as hell and I noticed that it was still on 4.0.2 and had the 1.59.00 baseband. Obviously they don't upgrade their phones (not really any reason to), and thought it was pretty cool.

EDIT: Do you think they'd sell it to me for less cause it's a display phone (if at all)?

Attached Files:

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

why would you want it?
    And I doubt it, floor models are owned by the companies

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Jailbreakable and unlockable.

4. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Cant you jailbreak 4.3.3? Also gevey sim can unlock right?

5. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Yes you can jailbreak 4.3.3 but that's not the latest firmware so not everybody has it.

Gevey sim can unlock but not without jumping through hoops. With the 1.59.00 baseband you can use Ultrasn0w.

6. zmulleni macrumors regular

zmulleni

These go for a decent amount so if you can get it relatively cheap I would jump on it. Of course that is if they are willing to sell it to you. I currently am on 4.3.2 with a 1.59BB and I have every reason to sell and make a good bit of money while upgrading to the next iPhone.

7. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I was able to get $525 last week on eBay.

8. zmulleni macrumors regular

zmulleni

That's awesome and that's exactly why I keep the baseband preserved. Presumably you purchased the phone for either $199 or $299 and you end up flipping it and making over $200. There's not a lot of things out there that you can flip like that, especially in that short amount of time! My wife is always irritated at the fact that I make money for upgrading. You just have to know what you're doing, and it's quite simple really!