iPhone XS Max Display issue / Low or absent sensitivity over margins

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nicky84, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Nicky84, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018

Nicky84 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

Since one week i am happy owner of a 256GB Max. But today i started noticing something strange.

Overall the touch sensitivity combined with iOS 12 is just pure magic with only one exception.
    When i start scrolling by moving my finger up and down and keeping it only over the margins of the screen ( it doesn't matter the left or the right one) i always notice some delay. Sometimes it's a delay sometime it doesn't react at all. Safari , Appstore , Photos .. no matter the app , the delay (or inactivity) is always present. When i move my finger a bit towards the center of the screen , the problem is completely gone.

I have also Samsung Galaxy S7 and even if i just keep my tip of the finger on the margin of the screen , it always scrolls/reacts accordingly without any misses at all.

I restarted the device i even took down the screen protector , but it's still there.

Now i would like to ask you try the same (to scroll up and down and keeping your finger on the margins) and see if you experience the same "misses" as myself.

Thank you,

Nicky

EDIT: The issue is more present on the left side of the screen

2. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

It’s just different touch rejection algorithms, not an issue per se.

3. shansoft macrumors 6502

There is a sensitivity issue with the display. It's less sensitive and feels delay on scrolling.

The problem doesn't exist before on my old iPhone X or even tested on iPhone 6. It's much more responsive compare to Max.

Definitely something is off, and its quite annoying while reading articles.

4. Nicky84 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your feedback guys.

@akash.nu , i also thought about this , but i cannot convince myself (and i really want) that it's a software issue/feature.
    If the older model "X" is not experiencing the same issue ( as @shansoft says) , than it has to be something related to the new models.

@akash.nu - so if i understand correctly , you also have the Max and you experience the same?

Thank you,

Nicky

5. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

I do have a max but didn’t experience anything as such. I probably don’t understand exactly what you’re trying to do.

6. MEJHarrison, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018

MEJHarrison macrumors 65816

Find another phone on display somewhere and compare the experience on your phone to the test phone. That's really your best bet. Then you'll know for sure.

7. decypher44 macrumors 6502

decypher44

Aren’t you the same one who posted on the Apple board and I answered your question?

When you touch the left margin, it has to decide if you are swiping right to “go back”, or if you are scrolling up or down. That’s why the slight delay when scrolling on the side.

8. Nicky84 thread starter macrumors newbie

Good observation decypher44 , i'm the same.

Thank you all for your feedback.

Nicky