Display Issue on G5 iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacKat, Aug 26, 2007.

1. MacKat macrumors member

I wonder if anyone on here can help me resolve this issue, or at least point me in the right direction of what may be wrong with my computer.

Firstly, I have a 1st gen G5 iMac 20" display.

The problem occurs when I turn my computer on each morning (or wake it up) so only really after being unused for a certain amount of time. When it is switched on, the screen displays flickering lines and the colours on the desktop are distorted. This lasts for between 3 and 5 minutes until the computer display manages to sort itself out and the flickering minimises (although sometimes if goes completely, often there are still the odd flickers here and there).

This is driving me up the wall!! I have tried resetting the PRAM, used disk repair and cleaned the vents incase it was something to do with that... no such luck with fixing it yet!

Anyone have any idea what is going on with it? :confused:

Thanks in advance...

Kat x

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

3. MacKat thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your very quick reply WildCowboy :)

Having just checked my serial number, I can confirm that my iMac is indeed covered by this program.

This flickering would be classed as a scrambled or distorted video then?

The next question is how do I find a list of Apple authorised dealers to take a look at it? I am in the UK.

Thank you again : )

xx

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Can't say for sure whether it will qualify under the repair program, but there's definitely something wrong, so your first step should be to see if it's covered by Apple. Here is the UK page on the program...it includes a phone number.