Display issue with iPhone 6s Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sven11, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Sven11 Suspended

I don't know how long it's been there, but I just noticed a minor display issue in the top right corner of my iPhone 6s Plus:

IMG_0111.JPG IMG_0110.JPG

No, it's not just a translucency effect, I see it everywhere... It looks like a small black shadow with night shift off and pinkish with night shift on. What is going on here? Is it going to get worse? Should I contact Apple?

2. Sixcranker macrumors member

Sixcranker

Could it be part of what your background pic is? I'm not mocking you, but I have seen that people have perceived it as a screen anomaly and it was basically a small part of the background wallpaper.

3. Sven11 thread starter Suspended

No, it's everywhere...

4. posguy99 macrumors 6502a

Your example just shows whatever icon is in the springboard underneath the translucent control center.

5. Sven11 thread starter Suspended

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sounds like a tiny bit unevenness to the backlighting. Not really something that is all that uncommon when it comes to LCD type of screens.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

8. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

It's soo unnoticeable to me,seems like my iPhone 6s plus had also that shade(exactly at same spot) when I it bought nine months ago and i never bothered to replace the phone and it faded away itself after some time and I don't have that shade now.so nothing to worry about atleast in my case

9. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

I'm not sure I'm seeing the issue. In all seriousness, is it possible you're just being too picky?

10. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

Mine is the same. A tiny bit of the corner of the LCD is dark, on the right top of the phone.

There are numerous threads about this, it's not your imagination, and it's not due to transparency. Seems to be a "feature" of owning a 6s+, although it's so unnoticeable that honestly I completely forget about it until another thread like this comes up. :rolleyes:

11. Droidzoid Suspended

Droidzoid

I have the same thing but in the upper left corner.
    Has it gotten better for you over time? Thanks!
    --- Post Merged, Oct 29, 2016 ---
    Yours went away after a couple of months?

12. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

i still have my iPhone 6s plus and i don't see any shade now,it went away itself

13. Sven11 thread starter Suspended

It has stayed the same for me...

14. Alexrat1996 macrumors 68030

15. nickelro macrumors member

Backlight issue, pretty common sadly... I used to have it on both my iP 6 and iP 6s+ in the top left corner... and on both devices the shadow developed after several months of usage. I also brought my iP 6s+ in for this - first they replaced the display assembly, but one week later the shadow came back in the same top left spot; brought the device back and that time they swapped the whole device with a 'white box' one, but that wasn't flawless either: it had a little speck of dust between glass and LCD. Bummer.