Display issues with the new imac 2011

Discussion in 'iMac' started by monstermanic7, Dec 7, 2011.

1. monstermanic7 macrumors newbie

I bought the new imac 27" 2.7ghz intel i5 quad core, 4gb ram,ATI AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512MB ram. 1TB HDD.

i run windows 7 ultimate 64bit on Bootcamp earlier When i bought the imac i ran games such as League of Legends , Twelve sky2, Dead space 2, Deus Ex: Human revolution , Medal of Honor ,crysis 2 etc now since i bought the imac everything ran perfectly the initial month or so but now since last 10 days every 20-25mins since i run these games the display just crashes it goes black with vertical lines and doesn't recover i have to shut down the computer from the power switch. I can hear the games still run in the background so but the display is totally gone. This problem also occurs when i use the software "Maya".

i tried reinstalling windows 7 still having the same problem sm1 kindly help me on this.

2. MatthewAMEL macrumors 6502

MatthewAMEL

Your GPU is bad or your power supply is undervolting your GPU under heavy rendering loads and it needs to be replaced.

Those are my two SWAGS.

Is there an Apple Store near you? I would take it in and explain what you are seeing. I had a similar problem with a 24" C2D Extreme iMac. Worked fine until the GPU was under load for a few minutes.

All the Apple Tests passed, but I made the Genius stay at the bar and watch me play Fallout 3 until it flaked out.

They replaced the machine. And the Genius spent a few minutes exploring post-apocalyptic Washington DC. We both won. :D