Display keeps turning off when theres any movement.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Canadia69, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Canadia69 macrumors regular

Ive been having this issues for so long now and don't know what to do anymore. Sometimes (maybe 1 out of 10 times that I use the the mb), i have this issue where any slight movement of the macbook will turn off the display (and backlit keyboard). I have to press on the keyboard to turn it back on, and a lot of times, that doesn't work and I have to press the power button (which sometimes only turn back on the mb after 30 seconds or so)...VERY ANNOYING..

I went to the apple store twice about this issue already but the thing is that this doesn't always happen! it happens 1 in about 10 times..so both times I went to the apple store, I explained my issue but the MacBook was working ok and they told me "there doesn't seem to be any issue, bring it back when ..."

Im pretty sure its a problem with the hinge...when theres movement it "wobbles" the display and i guess thinks I'm closing the display, thus turning the display off....

Anyone had this same issue? Any ideas on to what I should do? my warranty coverage will end very soon so I think i should fix it before..

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Sounds like a loose LCD cable or something similar. Unfortunately Apple can't really do much unless they duplicate the issue. I'd recommend continue to test it and take a video recording whenever the problem happens. That way they can see the problem and get it sorted.

3. Canadia69 thread starter macrumors regular

ok, thank you, havent thought about taking a video...