Display Maid - Looking for beta testers (MacBook users with external displays)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by McFunkerson, Jun 26, 2011.

1. McFunkerson macrumors newbie

I have a project I'm currently looking for beta testers for. It's called Display Maid and it's meant for MacBook users who use their computer in multiple locations with different display configurations. It will sense display configurations and changes and automatically create a new "workspace". You can have it save your window locations and when the display configuration changes it will restore your window sizes/positions.

You can assign a list of apps to each workspace and when Display Maid launches it will open those apps. The idea is instead of giving the Finder one list of apps to launch when you log in, you only add Display Maid to your log in items. When Display Maid launches it will detect what workspace your in and launch the appropriate app list. Right now it doesn't do anything with apps during a display configuration change (say a monitor in plugged in/unplugged) but I plan on adding options like hiding apps automatically in the future.

It will also assign a network location based on what workspace you're in when it launches.

It's an app I made because I'm lazy and I didn't like manually positioning windows and quitting apps, etc every time I had to use my work MacBook Pro at home or on the road.

It's kind of a niche app I think, but hopefully some users here are in a position where they'd find it useful? If so drop me an e-mail at beta@funk-isoft.com

2. Paik4Life macrumors member

Sent an email. Probably too late?

This seems really interesting to me and in line with what I've been wanting. I hate it when my windows get all messed up when I dock and undock from my Cinema Display. I've used Stay with mixed results and not particularly happy.

Hope this is a good solution for me!

~Paik