Display Marks from Keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iPad Retina, Apr 23, 2017.

1. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Hello. Have a mid 2015 MacBook Pro 15" and I've have marks on the display from the key rubbing against it. After bringing it to the Apple Store twice they both say it's cosmetic. And they constantly say,"Oh we don't know what you did with the computer before" its the second thine this has happened. And now I'm extremely disappointed.

I've called AppleCare and they said oh it should be covered as it may have something to do wth the bottom case that has been replaced before. Super confused now.

What should I do. When I called Apple again. They just said I should wait till it gets worse. So they can't deny it

Here's a picture of the mark

Attached Files:

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

I had the same problem. It wasn't very noticeable just like your picture. I also had a rMBP that needed the logic board replaced three times. Each time I sent pictures/notes about screen. They finally replaced the screen on the third time. So its YMMV on Apple replacing the screen.

3. aevan macrumors 68000

aevan

Common occurrence with MacBooks and most laptops. My 2016 MBP has some, my 2013 MBP has some. It doesn't show up when the screen is lit, so it's not a problem for me, but for my 2016 I got a Radtech Screensavrz just so I don't think about it:

https://www.radtech.com/products/screensavrz-macbook-pro-keyboard-cover

If you're scared of it getting worse, consider getting one of these.

4. ryguy92000 macrumors regular

ryguy92000

try keeping the keyboard clean and use a screen cleaner regularly. You may have micro abrasives on the key board which is making marks. If AC is claiming the issue covered, get that in writing in an email and print it and take it to the apple store, take it to a MANAGER (albeit with the utmost of understanding and politeness to all involved) and ask to have it replaced as promised showing them the email. That should set you right. Always be nice to the snow flakes in the apple store...they are...delicate...