Display Mirroring Question On New iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Maclarny, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

So, I have my shiny new iMac connected to a 32" LCD TV. I like using it for watching films and TV shows that I have on my mac. When I do this, I use the display mirroring feature in system preferences which works fine. However, when I do use it in that fashion, I'd like to be able to shut off the iMac's display. Does anyone know how this can be done? Thanks.

2. BGimac macrumors newbie

iMac Display Won't Shut Off

Hello,
    I use my 20" iMac the same exact way and I would also like to have the monitor shut-off but keep the TV feed live. If you find a way to do this I would really appreciate a heads up.

-B

3. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

This is not yet possible for the iMac.

See this existing thread for a detailed discussion on the topic.

4. czachorski macrumors 6502a

czachorski

I desire the same thing, did a bunch of searching on the topic and found no options. If anyone knows how, the three of us are all ears.

5. Maclarny thread starter macrumors 6502

Maclarny

We've noticed... ;)

6. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Well you were asking as if you thought there MIGHT be a way but that you just weren't aware of it. :)

I was just letting you know that there was a recent, in-depth thread on the topic and the consensus was that while it might be possible to do no one has yet coded the app to do so.

Just a friendly FYI. ;)

I hope you guys do get what you're wishing for.

7. czachorski macrumors 6502a

czachorski

Well, since we are wishing, I also want an App to get coded that would allow me to keep my TV plugged into the iMac all the time, and just dis-able that as an output, so I don't have to keep unplugging it to get my screen to go back to "normal". (mirroring reduces the size to 1920x1080, rather than the native 1920 x 1200, and extended desktop can cause a lost mouse).