Display monitor problem!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Just1fy, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Just1fy macrumors newbie

Hello, i just bought this adapter for mini display port to vga so i can use my display monitor at home. So first thing i do is plug it in and i see that its very fussy and i can actully see waves in the picture. My first thought was that it was some settings problem but ive checked everywhere its in the right resolution and all. after that i started to look for some drivers for the screen because i cant find the cd i got with the screen, but i cant find any drivers on google. The thing is still i dont know if thats the problem, please help!

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

How old is the display. Have you adjusted the screen resolution? Frequency settings? Sometimes, even though you have it set to what it says it should be, making those adjustments help.

Also, try a different VGA cable. I've had several that are terrible when connected to my mac, and some that are great...and the ones that are terrible when connected to mac, look ok connected to windows.

3. Just1fy thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the resolution is correct dont know really about the frequency, ill check on the cable. but im running bootcamp atm so. dont really know if that chould be any diffrence?

4. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

Can you post a link to the adapter you bought?

5. Just1fy thread starter macrumors newbie

Its working now guys! I downloaded som new graphic card drivers and rebooting works alot better now, ty guys
    !