Display name and phone when calling?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kuruptmixer, Jun 5, 2013.

1. kuruptmixer macrumors member

I was wondering if there is a possibility to display both the name and number of each person when they call you or you call them. The default is set to show up the name only, I am looking to show both.

Thanks!

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I don't think so, since the iOS contact list is designed to show you the name of the caller then indicate home, mobile, work etc.

You could always save the contact as follows, which will yield what you want, however will take some work.

Save their whole name in the "first name" field in contacts. Then save the number in the "last name field" the. Save the number again under the number field. This shoud show their name and number.

3. kuruptmixer thread starter macrumors member

So simple, yet so brilliant! (But if the name is too long it'll wrap it out of place :( )Kudos to you my friend!

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Gotta pay to play I guess. Why do you even wanna do this anyways? You need to see the number every time? I barely memorize numbers as it is, so seeing them on caller ID is useless for me.

5. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

When you go back into recent calls you can view the contact and tap the little blue circle with an arrow inside, in red it will indicate which number the contact called you from.

6. kuruptmixer thread starter macrumors member

Just a preference to see numbers + names :)

7. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

fair enough, did it work the way you wanted at least?