Display No SIM on Jailbreak purposely

maxj96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2012
I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 on 5.1.1. I am going to work at a camp where I cannot have a phone, but if I turn in my SIM card I can still use my phone for games, music, etc. I am going to get around this by giving a decoy SIM and keeping my normal one. Is there a way to display No SIM on the status bar w/o showing any signal bars or 3G/edge? I know I can customize the text, but not the signal bars.

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 on 5.1.1. I am going to work at a camp where I cannot have a phone, but if I turn in my SIM card I can still use my phone for games, music, etc. I am going to get around this by giving a decoy SIM and keeping my normal one. Is there a way to display No SIM on the status bar w/o showing any signal bars or 3G/edge? I know I can customize the text, but not the signal bars.
Springtomize lets you both customize the name of your carrier and hide all of the status bar elements. Have fun at camp!

Comment

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
That's a pretty good idea lol

Comment

hch3psa

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Arizona
I would suggest FakeCarrier instead. I've noticed that when I change the carrier with Springtomize 2 it doesn't always stick. I've had no issues with FakeCarrier though.

Comment

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I would suggest FakeCarrier instead. I've noticed that when I change the carrier with Springtomize 2 it doesn't always stick. I've had no issues with FakeCarrier though.
I've noticed that too. Does it appear and then almost snap over? It's hard to explain. But I'll see the carrier name, and then it'll quickly snap into place. I also see this "snapping" effect when I have the multitasking tray set to 5 icons instead of the stock 4. When I open the tray the icons are in the standard stock position, but then they quickly snap into place so that 5 icons fit. Strange. Still a bad ass application though.

Comment

hch3psa

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Arizona
I've noticed that too. Does it appear and then almost snap over? It's hard to explain. But I'll see the carrier name, and then it'll quickly snap into place. I also see this "snapping" effect when I have the multitasking tray set to 5 icons instead of the stock 4. When I open the tray the icons are in the standard stock position, but then they quickly snap into place so that 5 icons fit. Strange. Still a bad ass application though.
Springtomize is still in my top tweaks but I have noticed a few little issues like that. Nothing major so it really doesn't bother me. Just to be safe I would definitely use FakeCarrier to change the name but Springtomize will do a perfect job of hiding the signal strength. I've never had any issues when using it to hide things from the status bar.

Comment