Display No SIM on Jailbreak purposely

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by maxj96, Jun 4, 2012.

1. maxj96 macrumors newbie

I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 on 5.1.1. I am going to work at a camp where I cannot have a phone, but if I turn in my SIM card I can still use my phone for games, music, etc. I am going to get around this by giving a decoy SIM and keeping my normal one. Is there a way to display No SIM on the status bar w/o showing any signal bars or 3G/edge? I know I can customize the text, but not the signal bars.

2. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Springtomize lets you both customize the name of your carrier and hide all of the status bar elements. Have fun at camp!

3. The Mad Hatter macrumors 6502a

The Mad Hatter

Hopefully they don't have you pop your tray out. ;-)

4. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

That's a pretty good idea lol

5. hch3psa macrumors member

hch3psa

I would suggest FakeCarrier instead. I've noticed that when I change the carrier with Springtomize 2 it doesn't always stick. I've had no issues with FakeCarrier though.

6. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

I've noticed that too. Does it appear and then almost snap over? It's hard to explain. But I'll see the carrier name, and then it'll quickly snap into place. I also see this "snapping" effect when I have the multitasking tray set to 5 icons instead of the stock 4. When I open the tray the icons are in the standard stock position, but then they quickly snap into place so that 5 icons fit. Strange. Still a bad ass application though.

7. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Pop out your SIM then take a screenshot, open the photo.. if they glance quickly no problem

8. hch3psa macrumors member

hch3psa

Springtomize is still in my top tweaks but I have noticed a few little issues like that. Nothing major so it really doesn't bother me. Just to be safe I would definitely use FakeCarrier to change the name but Springtomize will do a perfect job of hiding the signal strength. I've never had any issues when using it to hide things from the status bar.

9. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Not a bad idea to hide the real sim from the beginning and have a non-working pre-paid sim in the try when you get there, then pop that out and give it to them.