Display on iPad 2 vs iPad 1

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ckiggins314, May 2, 2011.

1. ckiggins314 macrumors member

I purchased a new iPad 2 (64GB Verizon) to replace my iPad 1 today. I've been up and running now for about 30 minutes.

I'm noticing that the display does not seem as crisp as on my iPad 1 - especially as it relates to small text on web pages, the "settings menus," etc. The edges of the letters seem "fuzzy" and not crisp. (I think in OS X there is an option to smooth screen fonts - the letters kind of look like this was not done).

Am I missing something? I can't imagine that the display resolution went DOWN. Any tips?

2. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Actually the display resolution is exactly the same. The iPad 2 has alsoma much brighter screen, so the colors should be more vibrant and crisp on it. Maybe you have a defective unit?

3. ckiggins314 thread starter macrumors member

FYI, they swapped my unit out with one of the 'brown box' models this morning. A complete difference! The Genius said he had not seen that problem before but were sending it in to document.