Display panel on Santa Rosa MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jethryn Freyman, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

I've got a Santa Rosa (mid 2007) Macbook Pro.

Where can I get the specifications of my display?

System Profiler is too simple and incorrect (states it can display 32 bit colour, which it can't.)

I'm looking for make, model, panel type (TN, IPS, VA), response time, and so forth.

I've searched google but didn't find anything.

2. kybernaut macrumors newbie

Hi,

open a terminal window and run this command:

ioreg -lw0 | grep IODisplayEDID | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6

It gives you the display model. After that try to find the manufactuer using google and see if he lists further details concerning viewing angle, etc.

3. Jethryn Freyman thread starter macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

4. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

If the model # on the bottom is A1260 or A1226, you most likely have an LG Philips LP154WP2(TL)(A1). Early 2008, LP154WP2(TL)(A2). If you are interested in upgrading, there is a noticeable improvement to be seen when it is swapped out for an AU Optronics B154PW04, depending on the economy in parts of Asia it'll run you $190-$215 to buy one screen.

It is kind of like stereos. You can search specs all day long, but they do not register to what we see, or even to what is accurate. They are often exaggerated, and the worthwhile specs are not the ones that get put on the product sheets you see.

5. kybernaut macrumors newbie

Just out of curiousity: What panel type do you have?

6. Jethryn Freyman thread starter macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Samsung LTN154BT.

I'm surprised at the relatively poor quality of it. I knew it could only show 262,000 colours, but it's also got a 16 millisecond response time (which is long.)