Display Phonetics in Pages for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rekhyt, Feb 27, 2013.

1. rekhyt macrumors 65816

One of the fascinating features on Pages on iPad is that there is an option to add phonetics for the whole document.

Is it possible to do this for Pages? I tried searching around but couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance.

2. kdum8 macrumors 6502a

kdum8

Unfortunately I think the answer may be no. When I add phonetic guides to my Pages files on iPad, if I then open the same file via iCloud on my Mac it strips out the phonetic guides I added and they are lost, never to be seen again.

This would seem to suggest the answer is to your question is no. :mad:

It is about time, four years down the road, that Apple updated iWork for OS X and at the same time addressed some of the compatibility issues between iWork on iOS and OS X. Then it might be a half-decent Office alternative for the average home user.

3. rekhyt thread starter macrumors 65816

Quite a shame, really. There are a few problems with it (Quite slow to do it, can only do this with each paragraph separately, ...) but overall the phonetics feature is absolutely brilliant.

4. kdum8 macrumors 6502a

kdum8

Indeed I agree, it is a very welcome addition. I just can't understand why they can't even update iWork so that at the very least even if Pages on the mac doesn't show the phonetic guides it doesn't delete them!

5. juancvilla macrumors newbie

juancvilla

Is possible, when you print the document. :)