display port to HDMI cable coming soon

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MSD401, Dec 16, 2008.

1. VoR macrumors 6502a

I bet large teams of scientists and engineers have been working night and day to come up with this product...

Still needs a seperate audio cable? Great hardware design if that's the case...

The link says it's from a cheap cable company, will it be a cheap cable (the price)? You can buy a hdmi cable for $1 that does exactly the same thing that a branded one does for $100 - How much do they cost in an average high street store? The mark up on these things in the uk is often in the 1000's of % range.

2. MSD401 thread starter macrumors 6502

MSD401

not to promote www.monoprice.com but they having great prices ..hdmi cables range from like 2.50-20.00(us) and are actually very good quality...
    I have bought from them repeatedly.. they make a great component cable that has audio leads too so its only one cable from set top box to tv...

3. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

Monoprice and Amazon have had prelistings for two MDP-HDMI cables for a while. Its a bit annoying that they've not included an adapter in the damn box, or in the Apple store, but the MDP hopefully winds up gaining popularity soon. Otherwise its the next ADC.

4. knarzie macrumors regular

i just got a mini display - DVI adaptor and continue to use the DVI-HDMI cable that I used with my powerbook