Display problem - MacBook Pro 13" 2016

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by barcode00, Feb 6, 2017.

1. barcode00 macrumors member

I'm having an issue wherby when viewing something (video/media) at full screen, the display will intermittently distort and/or skip frames (briefly go 'black' for moments).

This happens with YouTube media through Firefox, iTunes movies at full screen, and other generic content at full screen.

When the picture is distorted, the content of the media can still be seen, though the screen goes fuzzy/crackling.

When I've captured/taken a screenshot of the screen the artefacts do not display.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, TB, 512GB, 8GB)

2. barcode00 thread starter macrumors member

I still experience this problem. Any suggestions would be welcome.

3. Sanpete macrumors 68020

You have the latest OS updates? Have you tried the hardware test? If so, how far are you from an Apple Store? They could test your hardware more thoroughly.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202731

4. barcode00 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply, @Sanpete.

I have the latest OS update, I believe, 10.12.3. I recently did a new install of Sierra (restore) too. I've tried the hardware and it detected no faults.

I'm not far from an Apple Store, so that would be my next port of call.

As I say, occasionally the screen goes fuzzy momentarily, which is different to what I describe where it goes black. Most of the time, everything is fine.

I have to say since my original post, I've notice the problem not limited to full screen media, but any general usage too.

5. Sanpete macrumors 68020

If you can get video of it, that might help when you visit the Apple Store.

6. Calby macrumors 6502

Calby

This do sound like hardware issue, logic board or the display.
    If your lucky it's just the contact between the display and the logicboard that are loose.

Take it to apple store and have some kind of picture or video of the issue, if it's a display defect it might not show up on the diagnostic as they need to watch the display for a long time if I did understand you correctly?

7. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If it was me, I'd call Apple (or visit my local apple store) and make sure its not a hardware issue.