Display Problem, mini DVI to VGA or DVI male cable for early 08 Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by peglegjack, Feb 27, 2013.

1. peglegjack macrumors 6502

peglegjack

So I have an early 08 Macbook that has a 2 inch wide vertical line going from top to bottom (a pic is attached), which is black on its right part. I read somewhere online that it could simply be a matter of a cable being loose. I have the tools to see what I can do in there, but in the meantime I was looking at other options. One being that I could take a mini DVI cable and connect it to a monitor at work so that I can access OS X. My Dell monitor at work takes a DVI-D and a D-Sub (or VGA) connection which gives me a couple options. The problem is that on the monitor, both connections are female, and EVERY cable that I've come across has a female connection on the end, so obviously that wouldn't work.

My question is, is there ANY way out there that I can hook this Macbook up to a monitor with female VGA and DVI-D connections? Or if you have any ideas about how I could fix the monitor, I'm open to that too.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. peglegjack thread starter macrumors 6502

peglegjack

No one has any insight on any of this? I have a guy who will just take the whole thing for $80 today (he said he only wanted the logic board), but I only have until 3PM. Would that be a good price if I went that route? I'd be able to take the hard drive out.