DISPLAY PROBLEM on iBook G4

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by anajune, Dec 14, 2008.

1. anajune macrumors newbie

Hi and thanks in advance.
    Suddenly, as I was working on my laptop (which is about 3 years old and has a new hard drive as of last month) the display completely changed. Basically, it's as though my desktop is too large for my screen and the entire thing shifts with the motion of my cursor. If I scroll along my menu bar on top, it shifts the entire thing left to right (picture this: from my apple on the left to the spotlight icon on the right it scrolls--it won't fit properly in my screen anymore).
    It's as though everything is suddenly too big to fit and it's driving me NUTS.
    REALLY nuts. I've gone into my Display preferences and it's set to the highest, which is 1024x768. I thought I had more options, once upon a time, but maybe not...
    This just happened out of the blue as I was using Bridge and Photoshop and what on EARTH happened??? I tried restarting and no luck. I am about to throw this thing out the window...and I really need it! HELP!!!! Please.
    Thank you!!!
    Ana

2. anajune thread starter macrumors newbie

Never mind! A friend of mine helped me figure it out. I guess I accidentally pressed opt+command+8.
    Whew.

3. SGH macrumors newbie