Display problem?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by alboy, Jan 9, 2011.

1. alboy macrumors newbie

Hi, Can anyone help?

I have had my Imac for about a year now ( iMac10,1. 3.06 GHz processor, NVIDIA GeForce 9400). I have just noticed the display seems to have dropped about 3-4mm, Giving me a black line above the menu bar and the dock lower at the bottom of the screen. My old PC and monitor had an option of shifting this. Does the Mac have anything like this?

Thanks in anticipation.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You're old PC/monitor combo was using a CRT display right? The shift on that was to correct the aim of the electron gun. LCD/TFT displays don't work like that. Sounds like the actual physical display has shifted. Take it to an Apple Store or Authorised Repair Centre.

3. alboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks robbieduncan, No it was an LCD monitor I had with the PC, but I remember adjusting the up/down/left/right orientation was actually on the monitor. There is nothing to enable me to do this on the Mac.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Hmm, interesting. Was it connected via an analogue connection (VGA cabling) or digital (DVI)? With digital this really doesn't make sense as an adjustment....

5. alboy thread starter macrumors newbie

It was VGA monitor with the PC. I cant tell how long the Mac has been like this as it is very difficult to see a small black line above the menu bar. It's not drastic, it's just annoying. All I need to do is shift the whole screen up 3mm.