Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

karungguni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2012
When I first upgraded to Mountain Lion had some problems with blank areas appearing when I loaded web pages in Safari. Examples: Gmail, Flickr. The problem went away and has come back recently. If I refresh the whole page will load eventually. The blank portions are rectangles that do not correspond to the content more of a random blank in the display. Checked activity monitor and nothing is hogging the CPU. Any ideas?

prisstratton

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
When I first upgraded to Mountain Lion had some problems with blank areas appearing when I loaded web pages in Safari. Examples: Gmail, Flickr. The problem went away and has come back recently. If I refresh the whole page will load eventually. The blank portions are rectangles that do not correspond to the content more of a random blank in the display. Checked activity monitor and nothing is hogging the CPU. Any ideas?

No ideas, but I am seeing the same thing. It seems to be random as I have not seen it happen for a couple of days. I would like to think that Apple is aware of such things and is attending to it, but I will screen capture the next time it happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.