Display remains dim temporarily

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by birdlaw, Nov 23, 2011.

1. birdlaw macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook Pro and when I try to use my computer after it auto-dims the display fails to brighten. If I try use the brightness controls it doesn't affect anything, but I can see that it's registering (not that this should be affecting the auto-dim). However, after somewhere between 5 and 30 seconds the display comes back to normal. Also, it doesn't do this every time, but it does it the majority of the time.

If anyone has any explanation for this/recommendation for what to look at, I would greatly appreciate it.

2. karlhassan macrumors newbie

I am looking for an explanation and solution for the same problem. I did a software update last weekend (first update in probably a month) and ever since I am having problems coming out of sleep. The screen stays dim for anywhere between 5 to 30 seconds before returning to the configured brightness.

I'm also having some issues where the screen stays black for a minute or two before the password prompt is displayed. This also started after the software update.