Display repair

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by skillwill, May 28, 2013.

1. skillwill macrumors regular

I just wanted to put on record an incredible bit of customer service from Apple. The display on my mid-2009 MacBook Air broke (flickering and image burning). I took the computer in to the apple store this weekend, just 2 weeks after the 3 year apple care warranty had expired.

The man was sympathetic the warranty had only recently expired so had a word with the manager and managed to get the display replaced for free - it should have cost £324. He called me just two days later to say the webcam on the new display he ordered and fitted did not work so it would be another two days for him to order another new one.

I had no problem with that but "because of the inconvenience caused" the Apple technician had noticed a few scratches on the back cover of the laptop, including one of the rubber feet missing so said he had ordered a new base/ back cover and would fit it as well as the display - as if he hadn't done enough already.

Not like its a new computer but it was a very nice gesture and I wanted to make sure people knew what he'd done! People ask why I would spend £1,000 on a laptop and this is one of the main reasons!

2. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

And thats why the next time you (we) buy a computer it will have an apple logo on it.

The life expectancy and customer service experiences I have had with Dell computers in the past means it won't ever have a Dell logo on it again!

Glad your Air is back in mint condition.

3. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

yay! happy days:D

----------

my boss made a hackintosh out of some crappy dell ultralight and put an Apple sticker over the dell logo...so there's always that option:p

4. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

I'll stick with my beautiful iMac thanks! My daughter still has a Dell netbook, but between the iMac and her iPad it never gets looked at. I won't be replacing it with another thats for sure.