Display settings - Macbook to 42 inch LCD TV

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mildconcussion, Sep 29, 2008.

1. mildconcussion macrumors newbie

Hoping someone can help me out as I am feeling a bit frustrated!

When I bought my macbook, I also purchased a mini-dvi plug for the dvi cable between my macbook and my sharp aquos 42 inch LCD TV. I literally plugged it in and it worked automatically! I was so happy that I did not have to fiddle around with the 'Display Settings' like I had to with my PC!

Last night, I tried to plug it in like I always do so a few friends could watch some videos on the LCD TV. I was surprised when when it didn't work. The screen was all pink / yellow lines! I unplugged it, plugged it in and even restarted the macbook...still the same. I went into the 'Display' settings (which I never had to do before on my macbook) ans was able to make it work but is a small resolution.

Can anyone help me? What are my 'Display' settings suppose to be? Should they 'Mirror'? I see what their are two panels. The Sharp profile panel and the Color profile panel. What should they be set at? I just want to be able to 'plug & play' like I use to :(

Thanks in advance!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

What's the maximum resolution you TV supports?
    It is an HD telly?

Maybe the connector is broken (the pins) or the graphic card could have a problem after many uses (which I wouldn't understand).

Have you any other computer you can try the LCD TV with?

And what resolution is the film you wanna watch?

PS: Mirror will only give you 1280x800 like your MacBook's display.