Display setup for Logic Pro X?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by crenz, Feb 17, 2014.

1. crenz macrumors 6502a

crenz

I'm currently using Logic Pro 9 on a MacBook Pro and am thinking of moving towards a Mac Mini-based setup. One thing I have been wondering is: Should I get a single 27" display, or rather two 24" displays side by side?

I'm a bit old school when it comes to logic, I usually use the different window setups to switch between e.g. arrange view and piano roll view. I imagine having two displays would be really nice because it would enable me to have those two windows side by side.

Any compelling reasons to go with a single 27" instead? Is anything substantially different in the window setup in Logic Pro X vs. Logic Pro 9?

2. polaris20 macrumors 68020

It depends on the resolution of the 27". If it's 2550x1400, then it's a viable option. But a lot of them are only 1920x1080, which isn't enough, IMO.

I'd say two Samsung LED backlit 24" monitors is a great option. Currently, I'm running an rMBP, a Thunderbolt display, and a Samsung S24C450.

3. Destroysall macrumors 65816

Destroysall

I'd save the money and go with the simple two display setup. My university's studio utilizes dual 23" 1080p monitors and the work flow they provide is great!

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I manage with my 27" iMac, but would like a second display for effects etc. Been looking at the Dell Ultrasharps which seem to get good reviews. I have the space, but wouldn't really need another 27" A 24" would be fine.