Display stretched now after trying to adjust brightness

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pippab, Dec 7, 2008.

1. pippab macrumors newbie

SO, I went into my display settings and THOUGHT I was only changing the brightness but somehow the size is changed now and the screen stretches past where I can view. I have changed it back to every other option and still it will not display like it used to.

What is the default setting for an IMAC for the display? HELP! PLEASE! I can't even use it this way!!!!

2. jnette macrumors member

If you move the page around at the verytop of the page (the grey area on this page) by using a mouse pointer, you can pull it or push it until you see the small lined triangle thingy at the bottom right corner of every page. You can push that upwards with your mouse, then pull the page around to how you want iy.. just push and pull, slide the page over, push or pull 'til it's how you like it. You can extend the length of the page by pulling straight down on the triangle thing as well.. or across and down. Great feature of a mac ! :)

Hope that helps you out some!

3. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

I think the problem is that you accidentally enabled Zoom. The other settings have nothing to do with it. Simply hold CTRL and scroll down.