Display support in thunderbolt chain?

comatory

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Hi, just a quick question:

Can I use miniDP to VGA adapter at the end of thunderbolt chain? For example I'd be using Macbook Air -> Promise RAID -> VGA display.

Is this possible with the adapter? Is it supported?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Hi, just a quick question:

Can I use miniDP to VGA adapter at the end of thunderbolt chain? For example I'd be using Macbook Air -> Promise RAID -> VGA display.

Is this possible with the adapter? Is it supported?
I have an R4 with the port...According to Promise it will work, but I don't have an adaptor...I do have a 19" LCD panel that's VGA..I will try to get hold of an adaptor kit and let you know...It should work though.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
Poole, England
There is no reason why it won't work. I use a miniDP to dvi adaptor connected to the Pegasus. According to reviews there are no issues with using the Pegasus in this way.

comatory

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
There is no reason why it won't work. I use a miniDP to dvi adaptor connected to the Pegasus. According to reviews there are no issues with using the Pegasus in this way.
I just wanted to be sure before I purchase it. I knew there'd be support for other than thunderbolt display, just wasn't sure if there are any limitations.

eron

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2008
It might not work due to the integrated graphics card limitation on your MBA. On a TB MBP it will definitely work.