Display Table iPhones Dummy Phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by freepomme, Sep 17, 2016.

1. freepomme macrumors 6502a

There's something odd going on at the Apple Stores where they have the iPhone 7's and 7 Plus's on display. They have all of the iPhones laid out but none of them turn on. NONE of them.

It's the same thing at Target, it's the same thing at Best Buy, Walmart and T-Mobile.

Could the supply really have been that constrained that they had to put out dummy models?

2. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

That's odd. I'll probably pop by my local store to see if its the same thing. That seems pretty uncharacteristic for Apple to put dummy models out, since they want people to play with and experience the phones and not just stare at them.

3. freepomme thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's what everybody was doing. Just staring. It's clear that these models do not turn on.

4. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

All the 7's and 7+'s were fully functional in the Apple Store I visited. Only one JB on display though.

5. Faitt macrumors member

6. werked macrumors regular

werked

7. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Working at my Target too, as well as Apple Stores. Even my Walmart had the 6s working, they did not get 7s yet.

8. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

Same here. They all worked at my closest Apple Store.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure over ever seen a dummy unit iPhone on display anywhere, at any retailer.

9. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

10. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

All the 7 and 7 Plus at my local Apple store were functional and working and I was able to test the new home button.

11. chabig macrumors 68040

They worked at my Apple store and at a local AT&T store.

12. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Strange. I stopped by a retail store in a mall near me on launch day (which was dead, by the way) but they had one matte black 7+ demo out on display. It was fully functional and I played around with it for a bit.

What I thought was weird is that they didn't have any graphics or signs posted for it, even at the demo stand. Everything was still for the 6s. Had I not gone over and looked at the phones I wouldn't have even known the iPhone 7 was out there.

13. Gualwer macrumors regular

Weird, I work at Best Buy, we got two demos one iPhone 7 jet black and an iPhone 7 plus black and they work fine.

14. jgelin macrumors 6502a

jgelin

The plus at my Best Buy store wasn't working. I was kinda bummed bc I'm still waiting for mine and wanted to take some pictures.