Display/top assembly dislocated

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ncrypt, Jun 1, 2013.

1. ncrypt macrumors regular

So the story is, my dad was vacuuming and moved the stand which my MacBook was resting on causing for it to slip off onto the sofa below it, and then fall from that onto the floor :rolleyes:

The MacBook is an Early-2013 13" rMBP and the damage has left a single scuff mark on the back of the display assembly, and has also pushed it forward by about 2mm on the righthand side.

What this also means is that when I open the lid, the right side of the display assembly pushes against the body of the mac with friction and an interesting abrasive noise every time I open the lid. Also, each time I open it, some minor aluminium debris is left on the inside near the keyboard as a result of the friction.

My question is, will Apple fix this and do you think it'll count as accidental damage given that there's very little in terms of physical damage? If I did have to pay to repair it, how much do you think it'll cost?

Also, will any further damage come to the display assembly/hinge if I left it like this?

When closed, you can see it displaced by about 2mm:
    [​IMG]

As you open the lid, you can see it pushing against the body below:
    [​IMG]

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

One thing is for sure, its not defective, which is what the warranty covers, it is accidental damage and so you'll have to pay. I have no idea what the cost will be. You'll need to bring it to apple to get an estimate.

Possibly if the lid is not closing correctly and is misaligned but to be honest I'm not sure