Display wars, help me chose one.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TheShinyMac, Jul 2, 2009.

1. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

2. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

Definitely get the Dell, I read on the some other threads that Dell's use like the same panels as the Apple Cinema Display. (I need someone to confirm this for me :)) But other than that, Dell makes great monitors.

3. Fishrrman macrumors G4

Fishrrman

RE: Display wars, help me choose one

Don't get either of the two displays you mentioned - they both have the lower-quality "TN" type panels.

Get a good display with a higher-quality panel in it. Two I can think of are the Dell Ultrasharp 2408wfp or the HP 2475.

As it happens, the Dell is on sale RIGHT NOW until July 8th for $395 delivered. Check here:
    http://dealmac.com/Dell-Ultrasharp-...ay-for-395-free-shipping-updated-/305882.html

- John

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I have BenQ E2400HD with PS3 and iMac hooked up. IMO, great monitor for okay price

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

6. Shawn F. macrumors newbie

Look into the Dell's. Like mentioned, Gateways are junk usually and that particular Dell is not the best either. I am a Samsung fan as well and bought one but make sure it will work with your Mac. I cannot get mine to work with my Mac Mini, only my PC and so far from what I am reading, the Samsung monitors and very few Dells do not work with mac or the mini at least. :rolleyes: Not sure why but all I do know is I will sell my Mac Mini and just keep using PC if that is the case (unfortunately). Good luck on whatever you choose!