display wont sleep

wkw

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2004
Eugene, OR
Hey folks. got a little intermittent problem. My 20" cinema display wont go to sleep. I set the energy preferences but it doesnt work. sometimes after restarting the problem disappears for awhile.

I have a PM G4 dual 1.25 with 1.25gb ram, OS 10.3.7, 20" ADC cinema display, Nvidia 9000 64mb card.

any help appreciated

thanks!

bill

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
If you set up a screen saver to go on just before the screen should sleep, does it ever show up? I wonder if something screwy with, say, your mouse might make the computer never think it's inactive for very long.

cmvsm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2004
I was thinking the same thing. Do you have something connected externally that you didn't mention such as a printer, usb hub, drive, etc? If so, disconnect all of it and try again. If it works, then plug everything back in one at a time and find out which one is causing the issue.

wkw

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2004
Eugene, OR
cmvsm said:
I was thinking the same thing. Do you have something connected externally that you didn't mention such as a printer, usb hub, drive, etc? If so, disconnect all of it and try again. If it works, then plug everything back in one at a time and find out which one is causing the issue.

I have all kinds of crap plugged in :p. I restarted and its fine now so it would be hard to troubleshoot a currently non-existent problem. If it starts happening again I will try unplugging stuff and see if I can't track it down.

thanks

bill

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.