Display zoom

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigchrisfgb, Sep 12, 2014.

1. bigchrisfgb macrumors 65816

Not a lot has been discussed about this feature.

I think it's a great feature. A week or so ago I was having a conversation with someone on here about how I want a bigger screen to make the content bigger where as he wanted a bigger screen to have more content.

When Apple brought out the 5 they made it so that there was more content instead of bigger content. Back then I think it was the right decision because the iPhones back then showed little content, especially for example in the messages app when the keyboard was visible.

Anyway it's clear now that those of us who want a bigger screen do so for different reasons, some want it for more content, and others like me want it for the same amount of content but bigger.

To me it's great that this time Apple isn't deciding for us but instead is allowing the user to decide.

2. M87 macrumors 65816

Yep, definitely a nice feature for those who need it.

3. BD1 macrumors 6502

Agreed. I would like to know more about how this works and looks in various apps (safari, videos, ) etc.

4. bigchrisfgb thread starter macrumors 65816

Not enough hands on reviews showing it really, the best one is on Apple's own website in the display section.

5. Azzin macrumors 68040

6. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

With my bad vision I'm definitely going to try out this feature. :)

7. bigchrisfgb thread starter macrumors 65816

I would imagine it will be in settings somewhere.

8. cynics macrumors G3

It was the right decision because it was the only decision available. The aspect ratio went to 16:9 with the 5 so the width stayed the same but the height increased. Adding more content would have ran off the sides OR stretched out of its original ratio (got taller but not wider aka distorted).

9. Azzin macrumors 68040

Ah, so it's an on/off thing then?

As opposed to something you can 'activate' by doing something onscreen?