Display

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sandracoutu2003, Jul 9, 2007.

1. sandracoutu2003 macrumors newbie

A couple of days ago, my 17" iMac changed. I haven't changed any of the setting or preferences, but it has a green pixeled look to it. Anywhere there is a dark color (on pictures or words or anything) has turned bright green. It seems like it is moving as well. I've gone through the hardware troubleshooting from the installation disk and it doesn't indicate that it is a hardware issue. I don't know if I've explained this correctly, but don't know what's going on. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be very greatful.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Can you take a photograph with a digital camera?

3. sandracoutu2003 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I can take a picture with a digital camera. I can also upload it to my mac but when I view the picture it's very hard to look at because of the green dots.

4. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

If you can attache it to a post so that we can see the picture we will be able to much more accurately diagnose the problem.

5. sandracoutu2003 thread starter macrumors newbie

You won't be able to see it. It's just my display, nothing to do with pictures. Even my desktop (apple image) has green dots all over it. It's very hard to explain.

I'm now thinking that it is just a loose connection between my video card and motherboard.

6. sandracoutu2003 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay...so i'm retarded. I totally didn't understand why anyone would be asking me if I could use a digital camera...duh... Here is a picture of the green dots on my screen.

Hopefully, you are able to see it.

Attached Files:

7. seans314 macrumors newbie

Green Dots

Sandra,

Were you ever able to figure out a solution? I have a similar problem and purchased my MAC only a week ago.

Thank you.