Displaying double sided images?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Undecided, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Undecided macrumors 6502a

You know how with Dashboard, the widgets can be "flipped" to reveal the settings? Same thing with some of the features on the iPhone (albums, widgets).

I'd like to sell my baseball cards and I'm trying to figure out the best way to photograph them so folks can see both sides. Ideally, front and backs would be paired in a way that folks could "flip" an image to see the back of the card. That is, the cards would be displayed online in a photo gallery, but with the added feature of being able to flip them.

Do you know of a way to do that? Thanks.

2. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

There are a few ways to implement this in Flash, one of them is shown at this site. Select "Flip" under Effect.
    You can download the code here.

By the way, this belongs in the Web Design forum.

irmongoose

3. ChrisA macrumors G4

You don't need Flash. All you have to do is have two images where has a link to the other. Then if you click an image to other apears.

But don't do that. It will annoy potential buyers. But put all the images on-line as just plain JPG files. Don't make people load huge flash files or deal with complex sites. Keep it realy simple

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Not sure if you're wanting a flip animation as well, but that could be done with JavaScript. To keep it simple, for the transition, I'd have the image width shrink to zero then swap out images and grow it back to size. Then I'd do like suggested and have the pair of images linked to each other for 'flipping' them.